Living more sustainably is becoming increasingly important in today’s world. Excessive consumption drives climate change, which in turn further damages nature.
Here are 10 ways to reduce your environmental impact and live a more sustainable lifestyle:
- Reduce your energy consumption by turning off lights and electronics when not in Changing to energy-eﬃcient appliances and light bulbs will also help to reduce your consumption and carbon footprint.
- Change your commute and drive Use public transportation, carpool, or cycle instead of driving alone to reduce emissions and fuel which in turn reduces your carbon footprint.
- Compost organic or food waste to reduce the amount of waste that goes to landﬁlls.
- Purchase products made from sustainable materials, such as bamboo or recycled.
- Shop mindfully and locally to support small businesses to reduce emissions from Buying only what you need instead of mindlessly shop during every sales period can reduce your consumption and waste.
- Use reusable bags, water bottles, and utensils to reduce single-use plastic waste that will end up in our oceans and landﬁlls. Studies show that people around the world buy a total of one million plastic bottles per That’s almost 1.5 billion plastic bottles per day!
- Shop at thrift stores or buy second-hand The clothing industry is the second largest cause of pollution and is estimated to produce 92 million tons of waste every year. Buying second-hand clothes repurposes unwanted items and decreases the need for new production, as well as second-hand shopping is typically cheaper than fast fashion brands.
- Reduce meat and dairy You might be surprised to discover that farming animals are one of the biggest contributors to climate change. Meat and dairy production causes 14.5% of planet-warming gases. Rainforests are being felled to make way for soya, most of which is being used to feed factory-farmed pigs and poultry.
- Go paperless – The production of paper has a big impact on the environment and climate change, from the tools used to remove the trees, to the equipment used to make the As well when paper is disposed of and begins to decompose it emits carbon dioxide. Some ways to reduce paper usage is to switch to online applications, send emails instead of letters, and read books through an online source.
- Don’t forget to recycle your products or packaging so they don’t end up in landﬁlls which affects the When you recycle, these items get broken down into materials which can be used in products, not only does this repurpose these items but also takes the strain off the amount of raw materials that need to be harvested.
These are just a few ways to live more sustainably. By making conscious choices in our daily lives, we can all contribute to a healthier planet for future generations.
YES Full Circle is a full-service environmental service company, oﬀering innovative and sustainable solutions. We oﬀer secure destruction, treatment and recycling of e-waste, metal, cartridges, plastic, papers and specialized waste.